Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash and Crowd

Arturas R. November 15, 2017

Hello,

I cannot find the solution or searching the wrong way. I have a multiple environments in organization and I did not have issues configuring JIRA & Atlassian to use different Crowd servers, etc test jira using test crowd.. There is a config file crowd.properties, but for Stash there is no such file and it is using the production crowd server. I could do that with adding new user directory in Stash administration, but I am automating deployment and need to change configuration files.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

Yes, but my question is how can make test-bitbucket.example.com to authorize against test-crowd.example.com and prod-bitbucket.example.com to authorize against prod-crowd.example.com

Currently every my instance is authorizing against prod-crowd.example.com

For Jira/Confl I edited crowd.properties file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

You need to edit the settings that point it to the wrong server - admin -> user directories

How can I edit that? I just can add new directory and point it to desired crowd instance, but I am using infrastracture as a code to automate deployments, tests etc. with Chef.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

In the UI.  It's a configuration item, not a deployment thing.

But I can change that in Confluence or Jira :)

I know how to change it in the UI, but I want to change it in "backend"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Yes, you change Jira and Confluence in the UI as well.

I can change this configuration in UI or "backend" for Confl or Jira, you can find it in /opt/application/atlassian-application/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties, but there is no such thing on Stash.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

You do understand that that file only covers half the job of changing the directory?  Your test servers are still going out to your production Crowd.

I don’t understand this part because for example Confluence, changing to test Crowd in crowd.properties you are able to login only with users created on test Crowd. So I am asking is there a way to change crowd server not using UI. As I wrote before, for Confluence and Jira I changed Crowd server not using UI.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

How are you changing the url in the directory settings in the UI?  That is not controlled by the content of the files

Also, for Bitbucket, it does all of the connection via the directory setting, not files.

Thanks, last question - shouldn’t this must be stored somewhere anyway? :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events