Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash: Multi-repo PRs?

Steve Conover
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2014

Is it possible to create a pull request that spans multiple repos? In other words, can Stash present a unified view of related branches we intend to merge, across multiple repos?

If not, is this anywhere on the Stash roadmap?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Is it possible to create a pull request that spans multiple repos?

No.

If not, is this anywhere on the Stash roadmap?

I doubt it as I don't think that it is a valid concept. Of course, you can still request for it at https://jira.atlassian.com

Steve Conover
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2014

It is definitely a valid concept - it's not far off from PRs across forks.

Justin Carr April 7, 2014

+1 for valid concept. There are mainstream tools that have been developed pretty much exclusively for this reason. Products you likely use every day are developed as such.

Also created Jira issue for this. Upvote the issue to get it on the Atlassian radar.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-4577

Simon Storr March 27, 2019

+1 for this. In my case I don't want a 'single PR' but the ability to batch create PRs with the same feature number in one go. In our case we have 25+ repositories, and a single feature can span several (or all if we are setting the major app version and having to update the assemblyinfo.cs in every project in every repository for example which is a major time sink).

For example if I have 'feature/1234' branched from the 'develop' branch in 5 repositories, it is very time consuming to manually create 5 separate PRs in the UI. I cannot find a way to do this via the command line either.

AndrasS April 2, 2021

Definitely a valid concept, I bump into this all the time (huge project separated into many repos and developments change multiple repos at a time)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events