Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start pipeline via strapi Webhook

Martin Pätzold March 3, 2022

Hi Community,

following tech stack is used at the moment:
strapi headless cms
nuxt static site generator

I would like to use the strapi webhook to start a new pipeline to generate the nuxt full static site if some new content has been published. I tried to find a solution via bitbucket documentation, but it already fails at the authorization to perform an API call.

Do you have any best practises to get this working?

Many thanks in advance

Martin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2022

Hi @Martin Pätzold 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'd like to inform you the best way to start Pipeline is with an API call, let me give you an example for an API call, that you can use the start Pipelines:

curl -X POST -is -u username:apppassword -H 'Content-Type: application/json' https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/workspaceid/repositoryname/pipelines/ \
-d '
{
"target": {
"ref_type": "branch",
"type": "pipeline_ref_target",
"ref_name": "branchname"
}
}'

By doing this API call, you're starting Pipelines on "workspaceid/repositoryname" repository, on the "branchname" branch. You can generate an app password by following the steps in this documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Martin Pätzold March 7, 2022

Hi @Norbert C , thank you very much for your feedback. I've already found out how the authorization works. I'm using the app-password method, too.

With your help I'm now able to start the pipeline :)

Best regards,
Martin

Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2022

You're welcome @Martin Pätzold I'm glad to hear I was able to assist you.

Stay safe and have a great week ahead!

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events