Spam attack on issue tracker

togiles March 17, 2023

Our repo is also being targeted, I turned off anonymous posting but there are hundreds added and removing then one at a time is ... well annoying at best!

https://bitbucket.org/togiles/lightshowpi/issues

@Theodora Boudale can you help me as well?

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2023

Hi @togiles,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just a heads up, I moved your post to a new question for easier tracking of your issue.

Our development team can do either of the following:

• flag issues as Spam
  • completely remove Spam issues

Please keep in mind that there is a possibility for false positives to be included in the flagging or removal. If you are concerned about irreversible loss, we would suggest requesting flagging, so that you can review the issues that are flagged.

Please let me know:

• Whether you would like us to proceed with flagging issues as spam in that issue tracker or removing them
  • If you would like us to proceed with removal, please provide a range of issue id-s to remove. You could also include issues that you want to be excluded from this range. E.g. for a range "200-3700 EXCEPT 3256-3275" we will remove issues with id from 200 until 3700, except for the issues in the range 3256-3275. Ranges should be fully inclusive, meaning the number on both ends will be removed.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

togiles March 20, 2023

All issues added in the last 4 days should be removed, starting from https://bitbucket.org/togiles/lightshowpi/issues/129

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hi @togiles,

Could you please provide the issue id at the end of the range? We need that as well and I don't have access to your issue tracker to check.

Thank you,
Theodora

togiles March 21, 2023

129 -> 294 are all spam

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Mark C
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2023

Hi @togiles,

We'd just like to inform you that we've gone ahead and marked those issues from 129 to 294 as Spam.
Right now, they're flagged as "Spam" issues, meaning, they won't show on your "Open" issues filter.
You can go ahead and review those flagged issues by using the "Spam" in the advanced search.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

0 votes
ecoRoland March 21, 2023

@Theodora BoudaleMay I direct your attention to all the posts regarding this issue in this question?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-discussions/Dozens-of-spam-issues-being-created-on-bitbucket-osrf-ariac/m-p/2302858#M3977

Many repos have been spammed and need clean-up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events