Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree git-stash interactive mode

Andrzej Pacanowski August 27, 2014

Would it be possible to extend current stash behaviour? Now it only allows to stash all and delete/keep changes in working directory which is useful but sometimes I would like to stash only some changes in my stash. Not all of them!

So far I'm using:
>> git stash save --patch
which brings console interactive mode.

Is this extension to current functionallity planned or maybe it could be planned for next releses? ;-)

BTW if I asked in wrong place, please give me a hint where I should do it ;-) I'm kinda new here.

__
Best Regards,
Andrzej

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

That's actually a kind of answer that I expected ;-)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2112

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

The only way to acheive this currently is to stage the changes you don't want to stash. Then hit the Stash button and check the "keep staged changes" option.

I think it does not work this way.

I made a simple check:

1. Made a change to two files
  2. Added one to Staged and left the other one in unstagged.
  3. Stage + keep staged changes.
  4. Result: Both files are in new stash. Staged change remains in repo and unstaged is only in stash.

Are you sure it works as you said?
PS Newest version 1.6.3.0

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

So it sounds like the staged change ends up in both the working copy and the stash. Odd. You may need to commit that first, then stash the rest. Make sure to accept your feature request as a correct answer.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

Answers is a community driven site. Questions like this one are perfectly suited here. Bugs should be reported to jira.atlassian.com, and account support should be directed to support.atlassian.com.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

Also, if the answer to a "Can I..." or "How do I..." question is "You can't", then it would be appropriate to submit a feature request to jira.atlassian.com, but usually check here first to make sure you aren't missing something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events