I have noticed a problem this morning when switching branches.
After having committed ALL my changes in branch A I have switched to branch B and done a pull and a lot of changes came in.
When I switched back to A, Sourcetree showed me a lot of uncommitted changes which I think were the changes that came in from the pull in branch B.
I basically have a similar or same problem mentioned in
However nobody has answered that question.
Why does this happen? This is an error. I shouldn't be seeing all these changes from a separated branch.
I had to discard all these changes before being able to do anything else. But I can't really do this every time I switch branch.
Please let me know why this happens and how to fix it.
I can confirm I also am having the same problem. The pattern seems to be the following:
It seems odd that SourceTree shows the files from the previous commit from a different branch as unstaged uncommitted changes. Worse, while it is SourceTree that checks out the files, it will not undo the changes either.
Tools that hook into Git such as Visual Studio do not show this nor do they present the files as uncommitted until I open SourceTree.
I'm having the same **** problem. It seems like if I have more then one file to commit and push then switch to another branch this branch has all the uncommitted changes from the branch I just pushed. I have to discard all changes then do my merge. AHHHHH!
I'm having the same problem, but each time that i change of branch and pull, when i back to my old branch it shows a lot of unstaged files. It's killing the productivity, because i lose a lot of time to check all the files before to discard or merge. I love sourcetree, but became so hard to work with it that i'm stopping to using it. Now i'm doing all in the terminal, with commands, is not confortable but is safe. I will keep like this until some solution show up.
Same problem today, my collegue followed this pattern:
This is a big issue.
This appears to still be an issue. Happens frequently in our environment, though not consistently. Don't even need to have recently pushed anything as other posters have stated. Our issue seems to be related to switching between branches where move refactors have happened.
* SourceTree v184.108.40.206 (though it happened in all prior versions over the past several years as well)
* Self-hosted git repository
* Release branch #1 for the customer's in-production code.
* Release branch #2 for pre-production code ready for deployment. This branch has a small set of move refactors vs release branch #1.
* Develop branch for current ongoing development. This branch has a significant number of move refactors where we decomposed a larger assembly into smaller assemblies.
The issue can occur when switching between any two of the listed branches. Normally it shows up as a bunch of uncommitted file delete changes mostly, but not always, corresponding to files that were part of a move refactor.
As a work-around we have taken to having 3 different repository clones, one for each release branch and develop to avoid the switch between branches.
As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs