SonarQube server [$SONAR_HOST_URL] can not be reached

Dhiraj Kumar December 2, 2021

Hi,

When I am trrying to sonar scan project through bitbucket pipeline. I am getting building error: SonarQube server [$SONAR_HOST_URL] can not be reached. Please provide solution 

Regards

Dhiraj 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi Dhiraj and welcome to the community.

The error you see indicates that Pipelines cannot reach your SonarQube server.
Is the server where SonarQube is installed accessible from the internet?

If the server is behind a firewall you may need to whitelist the IP addresses for Bitbucket Pipelines build environments, to allow requests from Pipelines builds to your server.

You can see more info and the ranges that need to be whitelisted here:

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/what-are-the-bitbucket-cloud-ip-addresses-i-should-use-to-configure-my-corporate-firewall/#Valid-IP-addresses-for-Bitbucket-Pipelines-build-environments

Kind regards,
Theodora

Dhiraj Kumar December 9, 2021

Can u share contact no. to discuss or call me at 861xxxxxxxx

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@Dhiraj Kumar , I removed your reply from spam quarantine but edited your contact number. Given this is a public forum I was unsure that you would want to do that.

Like Dhiraj Kumar likes this
0 votes
Sandeep.Dash March 25, 2022

@Theodora Boudale I would need help related to generating reports on bitbucket pipelines. 

I need to see the extent report generated post completion of the build irrespective of whether the build is succesfull or not. Please let me know how to integrate it. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Sandeep.Dash,

Could you please create a new question about this via https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions ?

We encourage users to create a separate question for each different issue they need help with, otherwise, a post can become difficult to follow.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Sandeep.Dash likes this
0 votes
Sandeep.Dash March 14, 2022

Hi Dhiraj/Theodora,

I am getting the same error while i try to configure the pipeline with sonarcube. Did you get a solution to this. Please let me know or guide me to the correct person

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2022

Hi @Sandeep.Dash,

I would suggest first making sure that you have configured a public IP or URL for $SONAR_HOST_URL, where your SonarQube instance can be accessed.

Additionally, if the server where you have SonarQube installed is behind a firewall, you can find here what IP addresses you need to whitelist in your firewall, in order to allow requests from Pipelines builds to your server:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Sandeep.Dash March 15, 2022

Hi Theodara,

Thank you! Can we have a call on this. I have doubts on the above solution which you gave. I will be able to ask you more on this. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2022

Hi Sandeep,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to set up a call via community.

Are you using one of the following pipes?

https://bitbucket.org/sonarsource/sonarqube-quality-gate/src/master/

https://bitbucket.org/sonarsource/sonarqube-scan/src/master/

Or are you trying to connect to SonarQube from Pipelines in a different way?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Sandeep.Dash March 16, 2022

Hi, Theodora,

This is a dedicated sonar-cube server hosted on one of the datacenter. We can only access it through a URL within our company network using a username and password.

This cannot be accessed outside of company network.

I tried to update my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file so that when i push the code from local repo to remote, the pipeline would be triggered, automation code would run and then quality gate result would be displayed in sonarcube. I followed the steps as per the below screenshot but getting the above error: URL couldn't be reached. Attaching the pipeline yml file and screenshot of the page on sonarcube where it asks to follow some steps to configure. I would appreciate your help on this.

yml file.jpg

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2022

Hi @Sandeep.Dash,

If the server cannot be reached outside of your company's network, then Pipelines will not be able to reach it either.

I suggest talking with your network administrator and asking them if it's possible to make the server accessible from the IPs that Bitbucket Pipelines are using. The IPs are the ones I listed before:

You don't have to make the server accessible from everywhere on the internet, but it needs to be accessible from the IPs listed above. Otherwise, Pipelines won't be able to reach it.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Sandeep.Dash March 24, 2022

Thanks @Theodora Boudale  for your quick response. Appreciate it. I will whitelist these ip address and also have to make few changes from sonarcube server side as an admin to get it configured with cloud bitbcuket.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2022

You are welcome @Sandeep.Dash, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events