Someone has already added that SSH key

David Link September 22, 2022

Hi,

I am using my removed_email account.  When I try to add my ssh public key I get the following error message:

Someone has already added that SSH key.

Here is my public key

ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nz................

Can you tell which other account is using it - and how I can remedy this?   The email I listed above is the account username wish to use.

Thank you,

David Link

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hi @David Link,

Welcome to the community.

Btw, for security precautions, I've removed the email and your public SSH key from the description.

For the public SSH key, I can see that it is indeed added to your other Bitbucket Cloud account.
Unfortunately, I can't provide the exact email but it was created in 2013.

Having said that, you can either remove the public SSH key from your old Bitbucket Cloud account and use it for your new account.
If you can't log in to your old account anymore, I'd recommend generating a new SSH key and using that for your new Bitbucket Cloud account.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

David Link September 23, 2022

Hello Mark C,

Thank you for your response.  I am not sure what the older account is/was - and I no longer have access to it.  I went ahead and generated a new ssh key and I'm now able to clone my repo on this computer.  I'm all set.
Thank you,
David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events