Some weird data about repository size

Romuald Tisserand June 23, 2015

Hi,

We use a BB project as a template to be forked to create "real" projects. When I get this repository settings page, I see this repository size is about 300 MB, and this scared me. So, I made a little analysis.

git clone --mirror git@bitbucket.org:xxxxxx/template
git count-objects -v 
count: 0
size: 0
in-pack: 11
packs: 1
size-pack: 8
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0

The mirror flag is supposed to get everything from the repository. 8 kB is much more what I'm expecting from this template which handles a folder structure and some settings files.

I made another test: run BFG Repo Cleaner to search files bigger than 1MB and...nothing.

What really really scared me is I've forked this repository to create a new projet. This new project is also empty (except the settings files), it has the same size-pack and BFG Repo Cleaner also doesn't find any big files. But the BitBucket interface tells me this 8 kB repository eats 2.1 GB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlassian guys and girls, I think you've some troubles in there.

1 answer

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2015

Romut,

If you cleaned your (main) repository, it just means that we need to do server-side cleanup. We do very small amount of garbage collection after every push, but this won't capture any expired / old refs over time. Simply e-mail support@bitbucket.org with the account / repo and we can take a look and do a more thorough cleanup on our side.

Thanks,

Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events