Slack Integration - Tagging with Invalid/Incorrect Usernames

Valerie March 28, 2023

The Slack integration for Bitbucket Cloud is tagging ~50% of our users with usernames that don't match their actual Slack usernames, resulting in those users not being alerted when new PRs are submitted/approved. Clicking on the link that should tag them redirects to a 'workspace' with a name of their username, like the below:

Overview — Bitbucket

Is there something the users who aren't properly tagged need to do in order to fix tagging for their accounts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Valerie and welcome to the community!

A user is mentioned in Slack if they have linked their Bitbucket account with their Slack account. It is possible that the affected users haven't done this yet.

I would suggest asking each of the affected users to run the following slash command in a channel in Slack, in order to link the two accounts

/bitbucket login

Please feel free to let me know if this works for your users and if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Valerie May 8, 2023

Got it, I'll share with folks on our team who've had trouble with the tagging. Thanks!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

You are welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you're still experiencing issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events