Simultaneous execution to the same branch

Vladimír Jančich November 2, 2021

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to execute the same step in the pipeline to the same branch at the same time? If my pipeline is still in progress and somebody else make commit to the same branch, pipeline is paused until resumed manually. Is it possible to make execution parallel for the same branch? Or is it possible to configure pipeline to automatically resume paused pipeline?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2021

Hi Vladimír and welcome to the community.

This behavior occurs for deployment steps only, steps that have the deployment keyword in the yaml file, e.g. like follows:

- step:
name: Deploy to production
deployment: production-east
script:
- python deployscript.py prod

Concurrently deploying multiple things to an environment may cause problems. When a deployment to a certain environment is in progress and another deployment to the same environment is triggered, then the second deployment will get paused. You can read more info about this in the following documentation:

I'm afraid that it is not possible to automatically resume paused builds at the moment, we have a feature request in our issue tracker:

I would suggest adding your vote in the feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Vladimír Jančich November 4, 2021

Hello Theodora,

thank you for answer, it's a pity it's not possible to auto resume paused pipeline, but we will be migrating to GitHub soon anyway, so I'm ok with manually resuming pipeline.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events