cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show inherited permissions in Stash and Bamboo

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Hello,

Been using Stash and Bamboo for about a month now and really like it but they both have a similar problem, showing inherited permissions in lower levels.  For example, in Stash you can set project permission and then further down on a repository its own permissions.  It would be nice if when viewing a repo that you could see what permissions are already in affect inherited from the project level.  In bamboo the same applies, you have global permissions and then build/plan permissions but you can't see (or remember) what the higher level permissions are.

Please consider some type of "ghosting" or presentation of existing permissions so they are not duplicated or messed up at a lower level.  In Bamboo I'm also seeing where I have anonymous off globally but when I create a new plan anonymous seems to get checked - probably a bug.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

Thank you, I will definitely check it out.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

This does show project permissions as well, but it does not solve the problem that on the repo permissions page there is no way to see which groups/people already have access to the repo through the project containing it.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hello Neal,

Can you please create feature requests at jira.atlassian.com for mentioned improvements. It will allow you to vote on them and see their status. If more people vote on them these items will be added to products roadmap

Regards,

Alexey

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

Will do

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

Post the link here, I would vote for it too.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events