Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup BitBucket in Ubuntu

Muhannad Aljedani December 21, 2022

Hi,

I install Bitbucket datacenter successfully. By this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/install-bitbucket-server-on-linux-from-an-archive-file-868977010.html

But, I stopped in step 3 "file – uncomment the BITBUCKET_HOME line and add the absolute path to your home directory" and I don't know what to do.

The set-bitbucket-home.sh file:

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Aman Shrivastava
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2022

Hi Muhannad,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

As i can see the from your question post, you are following the correct link to install bitbucket.
During installation, it is required to setup the bitbucket home directory where all the bitbucket data is stored. Location to this directory in bitbucket is set by the variable BITBUCKET_HOME. 

As i see you have already set this variable in your screenshot and if you start bitbucket it will generate data in that directory.
if you want you can set BITBUCKET_HOME to another empty directory provided directory should exist and user who is starting bitbucket application can read and write on that directory. 

Regards,
Aman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events