Setting up Bitbucket Deployments Feature Edited

Hi,

I am attempting to set up the alpha Bitbucket Deployments feature.

I have the following in my bitbucket-pipelines.yml in the master branch, following the documentation example:

pipelines:
default:
[...]
- step:
name: Deploy to test
deployment: test
trigger: manual
script:
- chmod +x deploy_staging.sh && ./deploy_staging.sh

However, when I go to the Deployments page on the project I still see the introductory text:

1. Add deployment: test to the step in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that deploys 
    to your test environment.
  2. Run your pipeline.
  3. Once the deployment step is in progress, it will show up here.

I am confused on how to invoke this pipeline now as before it was set up as a custom pipeline that could be manually triggered by a specific commit.

How can I properly set up this feature and invoke the pipeline with the 

trigger: manual

setting?

Thanks for any assistance.

1 answer

Ok, I've figured it out. 

In my bitbucket-pipelines.yml I had all three environments set under the default step. Only one deployment is allowed here.

The instructions on the Deployments page are also a bit misleading since it is implied a "test" deployment is required when this is not the case.

All three environments are present in the instructions article for setting up the deployment - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/bitbucket-deployments-940695276.html

Which further adds to the confusion.

Is there any way to set up a choice as to which environment the current commit can be deployed to, or will we have to keep separate bitbucket-pipelines.yml in each branch?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

715 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot