Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a Dynamic SVN URL based on repository change

A. George August 27, 2013

Hi,

I'm looking to poll repository for changes, determine if change was made, find URL of change in SVN and extract the URL. Ideally, this would all be in one build plan.

For example, if developer checks in code to Code/ABC/MR3 then I want Code/ABC/MR3/build.xml to run. If developer checks in code to Code/ABC/MR1 then Code/ABC/MR1/build.xml should run. However, I only want one build plan monitoring Code/ABC.

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Use svn command line from whatever SVN client application you use (TortoiseSVN, CollabNet, etc.)

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe" diff  -r PREV:COMMITTED --summarize

By default this uses the current directory, you can specify a checked out directory or svn repository by including it as an additional parameter, no flag.

You also have a --xml option if you want xml output. This will give you the changelist from the latest revision checked out. You'll still have to write scripts around it to make it work.

Since this only checks the latest revision, it is possible with polling periodically and/or a single builder to "skip" revisions and over look their changes so you make need to improve the call more to your needs. "PREV" could be replaced with the last built revision is you can store that somewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events