Setting Pipeline Environment Timezone

Is there a way to change the default timezone of the pipeline environment ? I have a bunch of complex unit tests which are tied into a GMT/BST locale and I don't want to have to put conditional logic in to switch assertions based on environment. Ideally there'd be a pipeline config switch to override the basic UTC timezone?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Stewart! 

The pipelines build environment relies on the Docker Image that you're using. Hence, you'd either need to modify the docker image that are using or configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml to run a command to change the timezone

There's an example on how to change the timezone on Pipelines
Bitbucket-pipelines.yml, you can see it at 
https://bitbucket.org/rchiapipeline/pipelinemanualbuild/src/92417616f03ff4954a5e3bdd30d2f899a3bdb446/bitbucket-pipelines.yml?fileviewer=file-view-default

You can also see the output of the Pipelines build at
https://bitbucket.org/rchiapipeline/pipelinemanualbuild/addon/pipelines/home#!/results/%7B106976a6-552b-4907-9ef4-e35504bb3998%7D

Hope this helps :) 

Ana

Ana, many thanks for the response and yes it nails the issue. I guess my path to pipelines had circumvented the docker config - but your explanation is entirely logical and has resolved the matter completely. Big thanks, Stew

That's great to hear, Stew :) Glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

182 views 20 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you