Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set user permissions

moroandrea February 2, 2015

Apologies if I will be unclear in my explanation, but I am not yet abreast with the source control stuff.

So far I have always worked on my own on a project; a friend of mine is now joined. 

I've created a branch from him, but I am not sure how I can setup permissions in a way he can read-write only on his branch (assuming this is possible) thus leaving me the control to "merge" the code once approved.

Is this possible in BitBucket?

Thanks

Andrea

4 answers

1 vote
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Hi Andrea!

As mentioned by Seth, we recommend that you do this at Bitbucket, as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Branch+management. This will allow you to prevent your team-mate from pushing to specified branches and instead require her to file a Pull Request to ask you to merge her code.

0 votes
moroandrea February 3, 2015

Did test the solution, but now it asks my password too, and it doesn't accept the one I use to log in in BitBucket. Any reason for this?

0 votes
moroandrea February 3, 2015

Thanks John, that was the article I was looking at smile

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

SourceTree only manages your local repository, Bitbucket would be the place to do it, if it is possible. I'm going to remove the "sourcetree" tag from your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events