Server key not getting cached

I've used Sourcetree to setup a git repo on bitbucket. Everything on my end works fine but my friend who has a bit bucket account and admin access to the bitbucket repo is trying to connect using source tree as well to pull the files. He loads the private ssh key and goes to clone the server(recognizes url path fine) but when he goes to begin cloning he gets an error message stating the key for 'bitbucket.org' hasn't been cached yet. He clicks yes to accept the servers key but it just keeps spamming him to accept the key no matter how many times he accepts it.

This is the box that keeps popping up.

Error message

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1610 For me it was the submodules, needed to run git submodule update.

Or

1. Open a DOS cmd window (cmd.exe or something similar)
  2. "cd" to where plink.exe is
  3. Run the command:
    1. plink.exe -v git@bitbucket.org
    2. It will ask you if you whan to store key in cache, write Y.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Bitbucket

What is your #1 piece of advice to new users getting started using Bitbucket?

Hello Community! My name is Claire Maynard, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Bitbucket team. I’m interested in hearing what advice or tips you have for new users getting started on ...

169 views 9 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you