Server error and NPE on accessing any page for logged in users

I've just upgraded from 4.5 to 5.3. I used msi installed on Windows. I pointed it to my home directory and it succeded.

First run was successful - I could open Dashboard and saw all public projects/repositories.

Then I logged in (I tried both AD/local users) and everything broken - right after login I'm getting 500 internal server error on any page.

Web server returns Tomcat error page:

com.google.template.soy.tofu.SoyTofuException: When evaluating "webResourceManager_includeResources()": While computing function "webResourceManager_includeResources()": null

In logs I can see this (only the first exception is shown):

2017-08-16 20:09:30,183 ERROR [http-nio-83-exec-7] UserUser @82NP6Ux1209x75x0 17xzcc8 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 "GET /dashboard HTTP/1.1" o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[/].[springMvc] Servlet.service() for servlet [springMvc] threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at com.atlassian.nps.plugin.bitbucket.SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.getSEN(SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.java:35)
    at com.atlassian.nps.plugin.bitbucket.SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.get(SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.java:21)
    at com.atlassian.nps.plugin.bitbucket.SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.get(SupportEntitlementNumberDataProvider.java:9)
    at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.impl.config.Config.getWebResourceData(Config.java:1108)
    at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.impl.snapshot.WebResource.getData(WebResource.java:77)
    at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.impl.helpers.UrlGenerationHelpers.buildDataResources(UrlGenerationHelpers.java:355)
    at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.impl.helpers.UrlGenerationHelpers.resolve(UrlGenerationHelpers.java:224)
    at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.assembler.DefaultWebResourceAssembler$1.resolve(DefaultWebResourceAssembler.java:86)

P.S. I'm sorry for creating a duplicate question, but for some reason my previous question was marked as S.P.A.M. so it has no chance to be shown for other users.

1 answer

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Aug 21, 2017

Hi Sergei,

Based on the stacktrace, I suspect the issue lies with the license being used for Bitbucket Server. In order to take a closer look and provide more information in a private channel, could you raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and provide a link to this ticket as well as your license?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,933 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you