Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serve static file with bitbucket

Patrick Richter March 26, 2018

Hi there,

In order to prove that I'm the owner of a bitbucket instance, I need to server a file from bitbucket (e.g. https://sources.mydomain.com/proof-file.txt).

In JIRA and Confluence, I can just use the atlassian-jira / atlassian-bitbucket folder in the application directory.

However, placing the file in the "atlassian-bitbucket"-folder on my bitbucket machine does not work. It's the folder that also contains fatal.jsp, META-INF, startup.jsp, static, WEB-INF.

I've made sure that the permissions and owner of the file are correct - however, bitbucket still gives me a 404 when I try to access the file.

Which would be the correct folder?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 12, 2018

Hi there,

are there any changes on this topic ?

Only chance to use the third-party addon? Would need it for loadbalancer check file.

Norbert

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Patrick! It looks like you're talking about Bitbucket Server, however, Bitbucket Server doesn't have a folder where you can place that file. There's a Feature request for that, and you can vote for it at BSERV-4099.

There's also a plugin you could use, you can check it out at Pages for Bitbucket Server. Please keep in mind this plugin is from a third party developer.
Hope that helps!
Ana
Patrick Richter March 26, 2018

Hi Ana,

thanks for your reply!
Just to be sure: There is currently no way to serve a static file without paying for 3rd party software? It does not need to be adressable in any repo subfolder, I really need it within the webroot.

patrick

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi Patrick, for Bitbucket Server I'm afraid there's not. However, if you use Bitbucket Cloud you can serve a static file as explained at Publishing a website on Bitbucket Cloud.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events