Sending deployment notifications to different slack channels per deployment

Affan Malik March 2, 2021

I am looking to utilize the slack integration to send deployment successful/failed notifications to slack. 

In Slack we use a separate channel for Production related notifications and then there are other dev-team channels for notifying deployments to Staging or Dev environments. That is because there is a much wider audience interested in what changes are being deployed to Prod e.g. support teams, product management etc

Is there a way I can split the deployment notifications to specify which deployment notifies what slack channel?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

Hi @Affan Malik

We also needed more granularity for communicating the deployment statuses to the different stakeholders in Slack. We have implemented the Golive Jira App to centralize all deployments and notify the right people about the deployments in Slack.

Let me know if you would like to have a quick demo or help with the setup (doc about the Slack notification setup). I also recommend you to have a look at this article for more information about how we configure Jira and Bitbucket to track deployments at Apwide.

Have a great day,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events