Search in "Find new add-ons" not working

After upgrading to Bitbucket 5.2.0 we are no longer able to search "Find new add-ons". Apps are there but when you type to search the spinner appears and stays on the screen. Tried Safari, Chrome, restared Bitbucket but no luck.

Please advice!

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Martin, the most likely scenarios for this to happen is that whether you're using a reverse proxy and/or the base URL doesn't match the URL you're using to access Bitbucket. Is this your case?

If you have a reverse proxy make sure it's properly configured or check that Bitbucket is correctly  configured to reflect that there is a reverse proxy server. You might find this useful Securing Bitbucket Server.

Let us know if this helped you!

Cheers,

Ana

Hi Ana,

Thank you for getting back to me on this so soon. Yes, we're using a reverse proxy and the configuration for that is in the server.xml.

<Connector port="7990" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
proxyName="bitbucket.domain.tld" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" />

I've double checked the configuration and it's the same as before the upgrade.

Hi Martin,

Starting with Bitbucket Server 5, server.xml is no longer used, so you will need to make the changes in bitbucket.properties instead, as described in the document that Ana sent you a link to.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Thanks Ana and Christian! Changing settings in bitbucket.properties solved it.

Glad we could help, Martin! Have a nice day :)

Ana

After enabling debug mode and clicking on "Find new add-ons" I get to see it was able to get information for the marketplace.

When typing in the search field and pressing enter, nothing happens in the log file.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

675 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot