Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Repository Polling in Pipelines

daniel copping January 18, 2023

Is there any way to configure pipelines with repository polling on a schedule? This feature was available in Bamboo (but missing in Bitbucket cloud).

The only option I can find in Bitbucket Cloud is to set the pipeline to RUN on a schedule. The problem here is that we are using the build number for versioning. The pipeline is using this value to inject into the code and also to tag the repository. We don't want to run a build (which generates a new build number) unless there are changes in the repository.

Repository Polling, as it works in Bamboo, checks for changes in the repo (or any number of repos) and only triggers the build if there are changes. Is a similar function available? Are there any plans to introduce this feature in Bitbucket Cloud?

Thanks

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Hi Dan and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment.

I went ahead and created a feature request in our issue tracker:

I mentioned your use case in that ticket. Please make sure to add your vote (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features.

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events