Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same repository names in different projects

Martin Fischer March 5, 2022

I have two projects:

* CompanyAManagement

* CompanyBManagement

And for both projects, I would have a repository "frontend" and "backend".

However, after I have created the project "CompanyAManagement" and created both repositories in it, I can no longer create repository with the same names in my second project.

What would be the best practice to get along with this issue?

I come from gitlab where I have groups where repos are inside, this is possible there.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2022

Hi, @Martin Fischer, welcome to the community! 

Currently, this is not possible yet as repositories are identified by workspace-id/repo-name.

However, we already have the following feature requests to include the project ID to the repository URL, which would allow you to create two repositories with the same name in different projects: 

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Carlos Alejandro Hernández Corona August 25, 2022

Hi @Caroline R

Just for sake of curiosity, does this feature is coming soon?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

Hi Carlos! I would suggest that you ask this question in the feature requests by adding a comment there. This way, the dev team can give you more information about this. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events