SVN root

securigy June 6, 2015

I am new to FishEye... 

I installed 3.8 on my Windows 7 and and am trying to configure it.

I might have major misunderstanding: I need to provide SVN Root URL and I don't know what it is...

I have the project on my local machine and I am setting FishEye so another remote user will be able to work with me. The does the repository must be online on a web site of mine? I initially assumed that FishEye will host all my files somewhere on his servers...If I have to provide my own storage online - how do I do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Hi @Leon H,

If you also have TortoiseSVN installed in your Windows 7 machine, you can discover what is the SVN Root URL by opening Windows Explorer, navigating to your repository, right-clicking and choosing TortoiseSVN menu, then Repo-browser option.

At the top of the TortoiseSVN window, you will see the Repository URL. You can use this URL as SVN Root URL in FishEye.

However, as FishEye is running in your local machine, only you and people in your local network will be able to access that FishEye instance.

In order to make your FishEye instance accessible through Internet your machine needs to have a public IP address configured, and you'd better run the instance with a proxy and firewall.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2015

Fisheye is a repository browser, a way of looking at your subversion repository.  It's a client, not a server.

If your files are located on your machine, then you need to set up your  machine to behave as a subversion server, then point fisheye and your other user at it.  Or set up subversion as a server on another server and submit your files into that.

securigy June 7, 2015

Since I don't allow other user access my machine...Could the repository files reside on DropBox?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events