Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running pytest in pipeline with kubernetes

Deleted user September 23, 2021

Situation:

When I run unit tests (written in pytest) in a docker container in the pipeline I get the result straight to the pipeline GUI (I.e. if one of the tests fail the step fails as well)

I also have e2e tests written in pytest with a specific step in the pipeline for each. 

Those tests are triggered via a KUBECTL_COMMAND instead of a docker command.

The problem:

The pipeline GUI shows that the step has succeeded with no context to the success of the tests, but to the success of the kubectl command instead, which essentially only indicates that the pod/s were successfully run by the pipe (atlassian/aws-eks-kubectl-run:1.4.2).

I can watch and monitor the tests results from the pods via another 3rd party application the pod is reporting to directly, but this doesn't come close to the clarity and convenience the bitbucket pipelines GUI offers when it comes to Unit testing in a container. 

How can change the pipeline behavior so it understands that initializing the pods isn't the success measurement of the step but the tests (pytest) inside them? 

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2021

@[deleted]  Hi. Thanks for your question. Please provide us with details about your case: pipeline configuration, logs etc.

Regards, Igor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events