Running automated tests after pipelines aws deployment

We have a site that uses Pipelines to deploy onto AWS Elastic Beanstalk, is there a way using either AWS and/or Pipelines to trigger automated tests (on Bitbucket) to run post deployment?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi @alexwhiteoval,

A workaround for this problem is to commit to the dependent repo after the deployment has completed to create a new pipeline there to begin the selenium tests. Another option is to manually post a pipeline creation request to the Bitbucket api for the dependent pipeline as detailed here https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/resource/repositories/%7Busername%7D/%7Brepo_slug%7D/pipelines/#post.

There's a feature request here https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13661/trigger-build-of-dependent-repos-after and you can comment on it with the specifics of what you would want out of this feature.

Cheers,

Tom

I will add to the feature request, thank you

That is correct.

To elaborate: once the first code deploy (web app) has completed, we need to then run the tests (selenium/saucelabs) in another repository in another pipleline.

0 votes

Hey @alexwhiteoval,

I'm not sure I fully understand. It sounds like you're trying to deploy code from one repository using a pipeline and, when that pipeline has finished, to run tests stored in another repository in another pipeline. Is that correct?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

162 views 3 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you