Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run the trigger pipe to trigger pipeline in Repository owned by a team

Viktor Minkovski February 13, 2020

Hi all, I am trying to run the Atlassian 'Bitbucket trigger pipeline' v4.1.2, The idea is that this pile will call a bunch of other pipelines in different repositories. I am struggling to get the syntax correct(or the problem is somewhere else). All the Repos are part of a project that belongs to a team. According to the examples here, I must enter the Team's name in the 'Account' option, then the Repository Name in the 'Repository' option and the branch name respectfully. Of course, the user and password should also be specified. However, no matter how I specify the Account, Repository and Branch all I get is the error:

'Account, repository or branch doesn't exist.'

Can someone help with using this pipe in a Team scenario?

Thanks in advance for the support.

2 answers

0 votes
Viktor Minkovski February 26, 2020

@Alexander Zhukov 

The answers:

1. The pipelines are enabled and running fine when executed from the repository.

2.  I am setting it up directly in the master and also targetting the master branches in the other repositories as well.

3. I copied all the names to avoid spelling mistakes, but I believe that the set up is what is causing the problems. Since the repositories are owned by a team I am entering the team's name in the Account field. My variables are setup like this:

BITBUCKET_USERNAME: My email (I am using to login to bitbucket and have full access), set up in a secured repository variable

BITBUCKET_APP_PASSWORD: The pass I use to log into bitbucket. set up in a secured repository variable

REPOSITORY: The name of the Repository with single quotes

ACCOUNT: The name of the team, in single quotes.

CUSTOM_PIPELINE_NAME: The name of the custom pipeline I want to start.

There are also pipeline variables, but I don't think they are even read.

Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Ok, I think I know what is the problem. The value of the BITBUCKET_USERNAME should be your account name, as displayed in your profile. This is not the email that you use to login:

Bitbucket user that will trigger the pipeline. Note, that this should be an account name, not the email.

Also, you should use your personal password as BITBUCKET_APP_PASSWORD. You should create a separate app password as described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/app-passwords-828781300.html

Viktor Minkovski March 13, 2020

Sorry, for the deplayed answer. With your help I managed to fix all the mistakes and the pipeline is working fine now. Thank you for the support, @Alexander Zhukov !

Like Alexander Zhukov likes this
Henrique de Sousa Barbase December 2, 2020

Good morning Viktor,

What should i put on behalf of the account? can you give me an example, please?

Thanks!

Viktor Minkovski December 2, 2020

Good morning Henrique,

The account is actually the name of the workspace, in which the given repository is positioned. You can find the name of the workspace by clicking on the user icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, then selecting 'All workspaces'. A list of all workspaces, you have access to is loaded, then you just need to know in which workspace(if more than one) lies the given repository. 

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Viktor Minkovski lets try to figure out what might be wrong:

1. Did you enable pipelines in the repository in which you want to trigger the pipeline?
  2. Did you configure the bitbucket-pipelines.yml correctly for you branch?
  3. Obvious things like account and repository name spelling.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events