Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run pipeline on merge

Deleted user February 2, 2018

Hi I'm currently having some trouble setting up a pipeline when I'm merging a feature branche in my develop branch and generating a Changelog.

Current situation

• Pipeline is being triggerd on every push to develop.

Wished situation

1. Trigger pipeline only when I merge a feature branch to develop.
  2. Generate changelog
  3. Push generated changelog to develop
  4. Don't run pipeline

Right now my pipeline is being stuck in a loop since I'm pushing my generate changelog to develop after the merge.

Current bitbucket-pipelines.yml

pipelines:
branches:
develop:
- step:
caches:
- node
script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository
- git config user.email "my_email.com"
- git config user.name "my_name"
- npm install
- npm run release
- git push --follow-tags origin develop

I hope you guys can help me out!

5 answers

1 vote
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

For future reference, you can disable triggering the pipeline by committing with "[skip ci]" in the commit message - see FAQ about this.
What I would do in the requested scenario is to actually implement CHANGELOG in the PR itself to be able to review it *before* merging to develop happens.

1 vote
Jean Lescure April 10, 2019

This feature is yet to be implemented by atlassian dev team. I have added reasons why this feature would be ideal in two (of many more) scenarios to the aforementioned feature request:

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13867/run-pipeline-on-the-result-of-the-pull

Pramod November 30, 2022

Is this resolved?

1 vote
shyaminayesh September 13, 2018

any update on this ?

1 vote
SebC
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hey @[deleted], 

There's a feature request open at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13867/run-pipeline-on-the-result-of-the-pull that I would love to get your feedback on.

We use bitbucket site/master issues to track customer requests and feedback on improvements we can make to Pipelines.

Thanks,

Seb

0 votes
Christopher Hahn November 16, 2020

Was there an update on this issue?  

I was asked to execute a task upon a merge into master, and not on a master branch build.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events