Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Run pipeline on merge

Edited
Deleted user Feb 02, 2018

Hi I'm currently having some trouble setting up a pipeline when I'm merging a feature branche in my develop branch and generating a Changelog.

Current situation

• Pipeline is being triggerd on every push to develop.

Wished situation

1. Trigger pipeline only when I merge a feature branch to develop.
  2. Generate changelog
  3. Push generated changelog to develop
  4. Don't run pipeline

Right now my pipeline is being stuck in a loop since I'm pushing my generate changelog to develop after the merge.

Current bitbucket-pipelines.yml

pipelines:
branches:
develop:
- step:
caches:
- node
script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository
- git config user.email "my_email.com"
- git config user.name "my_name"
- npm install
- npm run release
- git push --follow-tags origin develop

I hope you guys can help me out!

5 answers

This feature is yet to be implemented by atlassian dev team. I have added reasons why this feature would be ideal in two (of many more) scenarios to the aforementioned feature request:

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13867/run-pipeline-on-the-result-of-the-pull

any update on this ?

1 vote
SebC Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2018

Hey @[deleted], 

There's a feature request open at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/13867/run-pipeline-on-the-result-of-the-pull that I would love to get your feedback on.

We use bitbucket site/master issues to track customer requests and feedback on improvements we can make to Pipelines.

Thanks,

Seb

Was there an update on this issue?  

I was asked to execute a task upon a merge into master, and not on a master branch build.

Thank you.

For future reference, you can disable triggering the pipeline by committing with "[skip ci]" in the commit message - see FAQ about this.
What I would do in the requested scenario is to actually implement CHANGELOG in the PR itself to be able to review it *before* merging to develop happens.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,792 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you