Run a custom pipeline but not master branch

Dario Bednarski June 3, 2020

Hi all,

Setup:

I am new to bitbucket pipelines and just recently set all up. I have 3 custom pipelines and 1 pipeline for branch "master".

What I want:

Now I would like to run one of those 3 custom pipelines for a branch which is not the master branch.

Steps to reproduce:

Therefore I go to "pipelines" and click on the "Run pipeline" Button on the upper right corner. A modal displays where I must select a branch first and then the pipeline.

image.pngIf I select the master branch the select for the pipeline is populated with my 3 custom pipelines and the 1 for the master branch.

Problem:

If I select a branch which is not the master branch, I can't select any pipeline because no pipeline is displayed to be selected.

Question:

What is wrong here? Am I missing something?

What I already tested:

I thought maybe it just works with the master pipeline because I have 3 custom pipelines and 1 for the master branch. So I added a "default" section just to have something for all other branches. I hoped that this will display the custom pipelines in the select when I want to run a pipeline not for the master branch, but it don't.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2020

Just double-checking as I don't see your pipeline definition - do you have a pipeline definition for the other branches in bitbucket-pipelines.yml that is committed and pushed to those custom branches?

Dario Bednarski June 3, 2020

Ok, shame on me. 

Because I just started using bitbucket pipelines the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file was just on master branch. Adding the file to another branch solved the problem.

Thank you so much!

Like Radek Antoniuk likes this
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2020

Great, I'm glad it worked, enjoy BB Pipelines!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events