Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reviving an old BitBucket 4.7.1 instance, and sign in isn't working

Nicholas DeMarco March 12, 2020

Hello,

I've been tasked with reviving an old BitBucket 4.7.1 instance running on Ubuntu 18.04. I'm somewhat familiar with BitBucket, but by no means an expert, nor am I a Java expert.

I've gotten the services to start, albeit with errors. The web console loads. I see public projects and repositories. I can't sign in.

I have local-admin credentials that *should* be correct. When I enter those credentials, the page reloads, but I'm not signed in (the top right still shows "Log In").

I've attempted to look at the error logs, but there are so many. Please point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting this.

I did try the Lockout Recovery Process but in v4.7.1, the mentioned _start-webapp.sh file is named start-webapp.sh with no leading underscore, and the file contents don't include the required

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS

property.

It may be that the credentials are ok and I'm authenticating, but something else is broken. I'll provide whatever logs or details, but don't know where to start.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hi Nicholas,

In version 4.7.1 the file you'll need to modify is setenv.sh.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events