Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Reverse Repositories Variable

Hi All,

On my project, and unfortunately, I lost and forget some variable values. How do I get the value of repositories variable of my bitbucket project? I'm an admin in my project. Is there any chance to reverse back the variable values?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R Atlassian Team Jan 11, 2022

Hi, @Revan Hernandy

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Before we start, I’d like to confirm what is happening on your side. Feel free to correct me in case I have misunderstood something here. You mentioned you lost and forgot some variable values on your repository. Could you please clarify if the variables have been deleted, or if you just don’t remember their values, but they are still there?

If you still have the secured variables, you can find out their values. You can achieve that by going to your yml file > echo the variable in a file that you define as an artifact > and then you can see the value of the variable if you download the artifact.

This is an example of how to retrieve a secured variable’s value with artifacts:

script:
  - echo $variable > variablevalue.txt
artifacts:
  - variablevalue.txt

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

yes, I lost/forget some necessary credentials there and I need to know the value of the variables.

what pipe can I use?  atlassian/ssh-run:0.2.2 ?

if yes what mode can I use? script or command?

thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

⭐ Calling all Bitbucket and DevOps experts: Special showcase opportunity ⭐

Hi, Bitbucket community! Are you a DevOps practitioner (or know one in your network)? Do you have DevOps tips, tricks, or learnings you'd like to share with the community? If so, we'd love to hea...

1,450 views 4 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you