Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve files count using Bitbucket Server REST resource

benggheesim September 27, 2019

In v5.14.0, i could retrieve a page of files from particular directory of a repository using Bitbucket Server REST resource /rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/files .

Do you have a REST resource that allows me to retrieve the files count ( number of files ) in a repository instead ?

Which version of Bitbucket Server have such a REST resource?  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello Benggheesim,

For what you’re looking for, the endpoint your provided will allow for a count of files. The referenced endpoint will allow for the following:

Retrieve a page of files from a particular directory of a repository. The search is done recursively, so all files from any sub-directory of the specified directory will be returned.

Source documentation: /rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/files

Once you have returned results you should be able to script out the information you need to get a total count of included files within the repo. You’ll need to count the items within the returned Values.

I hope this information proves helpful and assists with getting a count of all files within a repo.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events