Restrict Branch from updated

Socko-71 January 14, 2019

Seems bitbucket security is more expansive then restrictive.  I know I can add a project branch restriction to prevent all master branches in all repositories from being altered except for a certain user.  Trouble is an admin to any of the repositories can then add a restriction to the branch of that repository for master to allow users to update master within that repository.  I know 'don't give admin' would resolve the issue, but they need admin to add\delete users and their access.  Is there anyway around this? A plugin of sorts?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2019

Hello Bob,

The idea to have a permission level between Admin and Write is a great idea, this is something that should be submitted as a feature request! We would strongly urge you to submit a request for this, to do so please navigate to Submit a feature request and select Bitbucket Server and choose suggestion. Please link back the suggestion you create so other may find it and vote/watch for it.

With this said and as you stated, removing admin right would be the option you have. This displace the responsibility for who adds users to a branch to another person though. This solution would most likely be to impactful for your team and would be counterproductive. There are marketplace add-ons, but they won't add any additional layers of permissions to Bitbucket. You’re free to review what is present in the marketplace, here is a preset search for Security add-ons for Bitbucket Server.

I hope this proves helpful and look forward to see your feature request.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events