Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rest API to download repository from bit Bucket to local system

manish kumar gupta August 2, 2021

Hello Team,

I have got an assignment where i need to download latest code base from bit bucket using Rest API. I have got api to get meta data but unable to find an API which could help to to download repository files.

Requesting you to let me know if we have an API to perform such type of activity.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2021

Hi Manish,

Is there any reason why you wouldn't just clone the repository using git clone?

If you must use the REST API, one way to do this is to request an archive of the repository using https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/7.14.0/bitbucket-rest.html#idp199 

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer 

Atlassian

manish kumar gupta August 3, 2021

Hello Christian,

Thank you to answer my query. Actually i have got a client request where we need to execute test script using batch file without CI/CD pipeline as a one click solution.

To achieve it we are planning to download/clone project using Rest API.

I have just checked the archive option as well, as per my understanding it should download the project in zip format at specific location.

I have executed "https://nordlb-bitbucket.hosting.it-economics.de/rest/api/1.0/projects/TAUT/repos/DI2/archive?filename=test&format=zip&prefix=C:/temp/bit" from postman which was executed successfully as i am getting response 200. but post execution of command did not see anything inside "C:/temp/bit" can you please help me if something i am doing wrong

manish kumar gupta August 5, 2021

can someone pls help me to find the solution to download the project from git repository

Rabindra Roy July 4, 2023

Hello Manish Jee

Did you get the solution. Yes I am asking you after a long time, you may forget it too. Still if you got the solution or  have in ur memory, Can you please share here? or if you want, I can share my email id to you.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events