Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response code 429 (Too Many Requests) with Renovate scans

chris_flynn April 4, 2024

We use a Self-hosted Renovate to scan our Bitbucket Cloud repositories for dependency updates. It had been working fine for a while, but lately we have been getting constant "429 - too many requests" errors. These have made the scans completely useless. How can I figure out why this problem has started to occur suddenly?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2024

G'day, @chris_flynn 

The error 429 (Too Many Requests) occurs because your account exceeds the rate limits. My observation suggests that your scan makes over 1,000 API requests per hour, exceeding the limit. You can refer to our Rate-limit page to understand how we calculate the rate-limit.

Bitbucket API request limits 

If you need more detailed information, please create a support ticket with us on our Support portal.

Regards,
Syahrul

chris_flynn April 8, 2024

Hi @Syahrul

Thank you very much for your response and help. I will open a ticket to find out more details about our requests, because I don't see how it is possible that we are hitting that limit. As soon as I start the Renovate scan I get the error message and there shouldn't be anything else making requests to the Bitbucket API on our account.

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events