Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for garbage collection

rob huether July 21, 2022

Hello!

I saw other posts requesting this and it seems it had to be done by administrators through this forum.  I didn't see any answers that allowed the repository admins to do it themselves.

We pushed a massive change to our repository and it is now over the limit.  I created a remote branch on the commit before this push and completely deleted that master branch and made the new branch the main development branch.  I see only the one branch and only the good commits.  However, it still says the repository size is ~7 GB.

I have only one repository in my account but, if needed, the last two letters are 'er' and the main branch is called 'beforeBinaries'.

Can someone run the garbage collection for me?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2022

Hi @rob huether and welcome to the community!

I ran a git gc for your repo and its size is 1.7 GB now.

Does this agree with the size of your local repo if you run git count-objects -Hv ?

Please feel free to let me know if the issue is resolved and if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

rob huether July 22, 2022

Thanks!  I can now push things to the repository.  Sorry to bother you with such a trivial thing but thank you for running the command.

I get this now but I think we're all good:

count: 607
size: 5.23 MiB
in-pack: 12756
packs: 2
size-pack: 4.87 GiB
prune-packable: 5
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes

0 votes
rob huether July 21, 2022

Oh, I forgot to mention: I did turn on the garbage collection setting in Labs.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events