Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Garbage collection

dominikr.bleidorn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2021

Hey,

I think one of our repositories needs a garbage collection, after following the recommended reduction steps. (Local is around 500MB, Online is at 2.83 GB)

Given that there is no way to open a ticket for that - Can someone from the Team run it for us on the oversized repo?

Thank you so much!

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Hi, @dominikr.bleidorn! Welcome to the community! 

Checking the repositories you own and have access to, I couldn’t find any that is oversized. Is this repository linked to the account you used to create this question? In case it’s not, could you please add a comment to this question with the account that has access to this repository? This way, we can find the repo and run the GC against it.

Kind regards,
Caroline

dominikr.bleidorn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2021

Hey @Caroline R ,

thanks for your answer!

I checked - it should be a repository that I have access to with this account.

It is a private repository, though; Could that be the problem?

Kind regards,

Dominik

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Hi, Dominik! 

The Bitbucket account linked to the email you used to create this question and added this last comment doesn't have access to other workspaces, and it owns 2 repositories, none of them are over 1 GB. Even if it is a private repo, we from support should be able to see it. 

Maybe you are logged into Community with a different email from your Bitbucket account that has access to this repository. Could you please double-check this and let me know if that's the case? 

Thank you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Dominik Bleidorn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 14, 2021

Hey Caroline!

This here should be the correct account then - sorry for the confusion. :)

Thanks and kind regards!

Dominik

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2021

Hi, Dominik! 

Thanks for the update, checking this account, I was able to find the repository that was over 2GB. I ran the GC and the repo size is now 427.6 MB. 

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events