Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Garbage Collection

kennethlam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

Hello,

I have a repository approaching 4GB in space because of two commits with huge file by one of the contributors. The commits with huge file are in a branch and that branch has been deleted. However, the repository size is still 3.8G (each commit should be about 1.6G)

I reviewed the document about reducing the git repository size. It said the git gc will be running automatically. However, it has been several days but the repository size has not been updated. It looks like I need to contact support to request a manual git gc running at the cloud. Could you help to run this for the related repository?

Thank you very much and hope the repository size can be updated so that we can carry on the normal development and deployment processes.

Best regards,

Kenneth

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2023

G'day, @kennethlam 

I have triggered the GC as requested on the affected repository. The repository size was reduced to 68 MB after it was completed.

Can you review it and let me know how it goes?

That said, after removing large files, you must contact our Support team to run GC for you and reduce your repository size.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

kennethlam
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2023

Dear Syahrull,

Thank you so much for your support. The repository size is good and we can carry out normal deployment operation now.

Thanks & regards,
Kenneth

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events