cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request access to a repo

ns88ns
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2023

Hi, Community.

There is an SW repo on Bitbucket. I used it previously (a couple of years ago). I was able to see the issue tracker and post new issues from my Bitbucket account.

Now I returned to this repo because I found a problem and I wish to report it. The issue tracker is not accessible anymore though I'm able to see the repo itself and pull requests and there is activity.

As I understand - I need to request access to the repo and its issue tracker from the repo owner but I can't understand how to request access there. I checked everything in UI and found nothing neither a way to send a message to the repo owner nor any UI controls to request access. Checked the documentation - also, nothing is there.

Could somebody explain how to request access to a bitbucket repo or contact the repo owner?

Thank you a lot in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2023

Hi @ns88ns,

There is no way to message other users or request access to a repo from the Bitbucket Cloud website.

You need to know who the admins are and contact them via other means if you'd like to request access.

If you can already see the source code but not the issue tracker, the repo may be public but the issue tracker may have been disabled or made private.

If you can view the source code of the repo, you could try opening the details of a certain commit via the Commits page of the repo and then leaving a comment where you tag the Author of the commit, and ask them if they have any plans to make the repo's issue tracker public because you would like to contribute.

Kind regards,
Theodora

ns88ns
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2023

Thank you, Theodora, for the reply.

Yes, it can be a resolution...

Regards.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events