Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository size issu

Andrius October 18, 2021

I am getting sizer problems on repository 

This repository's size is over 2 GB. If it reaches 2 GB, we'll restrict the repository to read-only access.

I can push, any changes and try to resize the rep.

local size shows:

git count-objects -v
count: 0
size: 0
in-pack: 855
packs: 1
size-pack: 1969237
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Andrius,

Is this repository owned by the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account?

Checking the repos of this account in our system, I don't see any repo with a size over 2 GB. However, there are some repos with a size over 1 GB. would you like me to run a git gc on these repos? This may help reduce their size.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Andrius Dumčius October 19, 2021

hi, thank you for response.

This is not my repository, I am added as administrator and developer. 

Repository name I am talking about is : <repo-name-removed>

And email i wrote is should be correct as I see.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Andrius Dumčius,

Thank you for your reply. Your first question was created with a different account and I couldn't find this repo associated with it. However, I can see now the repo associated with the account you replied from.

I ran a git gc on the repo, its size is now 2.5 GB. If you have rewritten history on this repo and your local clone has a size smaller than that, and you want to push these changes, then another git gc will be needed after you push your changes (so that the change in size is reflected).

Please feel free to let me know after you push (in case you push from a clone with reduced repo size) and I can run another git gc.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Andrius Dumčius October 19, 2021

Thank you very much for the help. 

I will let you know if I need to run git gc one more time.

Thank you 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events