Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository size exceeds limit

Wael Hanfi March 16, 2022

This repository is over the 2.0 GB limit and your contributors are not able to push new commits. To resolve this, reduce the repository size.Cant commit further. Can any please let me know How Can I reduce repository size ?? or any alternatives to reduce the size 

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2022

Hi @Wael Hanfi,

I checked in our system the workspaces that your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to, and the repos owned by these workspaces. I saw one repo over the 4 GB limit and I ran a git gc on it. Its size is 101.6 MB now.

Does this agree with the size of your local repo, if you run git count-objects -Hv?

The remote repo most likely had dangling commits (it could be from deleted branches or from rewriting history) and needed a git gc in order for its size to get reduced.

Users cannot trigger git gc on their remote repos at the moment, but we have a feature request about this in our issue tracker:

You can add your vote in that feature request by selecting the Vote for this issue link, and you can select the Start watching this issue link in the feature request if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Since the repo is owned by a workspace on a paid billing plan, if you ever come across this issue again, I would suggest creating a ticket with Bitbucket Cloud support team to ensure a faster response.

You can create a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/, in "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. In "What is the impact to your business?" please make sure to select Level 1 if the repo is over the limit and you are blocked from working.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events