Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository size exceeds limit error persists after cleaning repo

jasmc August 10, 2021

I've accidentally committed several large files to my repo and now it is not allowing to push the changes because the size exceeds 4GB.

I followed the instructions in Reduce repository size | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support and reverted my repo to the commit before I uploaded all the files.

I removed every branch of my repo except the master and all commits that happened after I uploaded all the files.

I enabled the Delete dangling commits when over size limit  option in Labs.

After this, I noticed that the .git folder still was 7GB most of them being the objects folder. So I ran the Garbage Collection steps in Maintain a Git repository | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support and now the whole repo is 600MB.

I still can't push changes to the internet and if check online it still says that Repository size exceeds limit.

Did I do something wrong?

Let me know if I can give you more info. Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi, @jasmc, welcome to the community! 

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter on two different platforms, let’s focus on the ticket instead.

Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may have the same issue. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events