Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository is over the size limit (4 GB) and will not accept further additions.

dmaciasLZ November 22, 2021

Hello

We have accidentally uploaded a folder with a large number of files and we have exceeded the allowed limit of 4Gb.

I have deleted the files locally, but I can no longer commit because I always get the same error. I have executed different commands that I have found in this forum, but it seems that none of them work for me,

I think the only thing I need is to run the garbage collector. Can you please help me?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2021

Hi, @dmaciasLZ

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce it to 6.2 GB, which is still a large size.

As you mentioned you have accidentally uploaded a folder with a large number of files, I have temporarily increased the repository size, so you can push your changes to remove this folder from the remote repo.

Please let me know when you push these changes, so I can trigger another git GC.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Raju Prasad December 21, 2021

Hi @Caroline R  I am having the same issue. Can you please help me.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2021

Hi, @Raju Prasad

I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, providing details on the errors you see and also whether it concerns a Bitbucket Cloud or Bitbucket Server repo.

We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question, because 1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case 2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

0 votes
Aaditya Raj Karki September 29, 2022

@Caroline R  
I have the same problem 4GB exceeded to 4.82 and i cannot commit file after removing it to clear the space

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2022

Hi, @Aaditya Raj Karki, welcome to the community! 

I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, providing details on the errors you see. 

We encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question because:

1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case

2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

0 votes
Oleg Vegera March 14, 2022

Hello, @Caroline R 

I have the same problem

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2022

Hi, @Oleg Vegera, welcome to the community! 

I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, providing details on the errors you see. 

We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question, because 1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case 2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

0 votes
dmaciasLZ November 23, 2021

Thank you,

I have already been able to delete the files, but after another commit the 7Gb limit has been exceeded again, is it possible that now the GC can be run to free up space?

Greetings,

David

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2021

Hi, David! 

Thanks for getting back to us! I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce its size to 961.0 MB, so I believe everything was removed now. 

Please let me know if you have any questions related to this subject. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events