Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository build - checklist

Denny Pujo June 22, 2022

Hi, in my repository lists, there is a column to shows the build status.
if the build is successful, then it will have a green checklist in that column.

I have set up the pipeline for 3 of my repositories. and all are having the build successful. but, in my repository list, its only 1 of the repository that is having the green checklist, while the other 2, dont have any checklist.

why is the behavior? how should I define the build, so that it will be shown in the repository list that the build is successful?

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2022

Hello @Denny Pujo ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Builds column checkbox will take into consideration the most recent commit to the main branch. So in case the most recent commit in your currently configured main branch did not trigger a pipeline, you will not see a checkbox for success or fail in that column.

In case you want, you have the option to change the main branch of a given repository by going to [Your Repository] > Settings > General > Repository details > Expand ADVANCED  > Main branch . You will be able to select any of your current branches, and once you change it to another branch, the Builds column will be updated accordingly in your Repository list view.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you, @Denny Pujo .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Denny Pujo June 23, 2022

Thanks. this is working now. But why the Main Branch setting is located separatedly?
In the [repository setting] -> [branching model] there are only dev and PROD, so I thought that the successful build needs to be in one of those branches. it would be really make sense, if we can also set the main branch in the [branching model]

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2022

Hey @Denny Pujo ,

Happy to hear that it worked!

As for your question about the location of the Main branch option, I understand that it would be easier/ more intuitive to change the main branch directly from the Branching Model page instead of on the Repository details page, so I went ahead and created a feature request for it : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

Thank you, @Denny Pujo .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Denny Pujo June 26, 2022

okay thank you. I have voted it

Like Patrik S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events