Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Size Warning persists after BFG cleanup

bueth January 26, 2018

Hi,

after the warning "This repository's size is over 1 GB. If it reaches 2 GB, we'll restrict the repository to read-only access." popped up, I performed a cleanup with BFG deleting all the previously committed dependencies.

On my local mirror clone "git count-objects -v" shows

count: 0
size: 0
in-pack: 34850
packs: 1
size-pack: 44186
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0

After a push the warning persists the bitbucket size. Do I have to wait on something? Or push it to a new Repo?

Thanks for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Jonas! That operation can sometimes take a bit longer to take effect on the server. I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I couldn't find any repo bigger than 1GB, can you let me know which repo are you referring to? Or is it in a different account?

Let us know!

Ana

bueth January 29, 2018
bueth February 2, 2018

Hi @Ana Retamal could you please check that repo. This warning is still there and kind of makes me nervous. thx.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Jonas! After running the git gc on the remote, the size decreased to 43MB. Sorry for the delay! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Ana

bueth February 13, 2018

Thanks a million.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2018

You're welcome Jonas, have a nice day!

Ana

Ogaga July 24, 2019

@Ana Retamal I'm having similar issue. I've used BFG twice now and can't push back to the repo after BFG prune because I keep getting the warning. Please can you assist? Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events