Repository Size Warning persists after BFG cleanup

Hi,

after the warning "This repository's size is over 1 GB. If it reaches 2 GB, we'll restrict the repository to read-only access." popped up, I performed a cleanup with BFG deleting all the previously committed dependencies.

On my local mirror clone "git count-objects -v" shows

count: 0
size: 0
in-pack: 34850
packs: 1
size-pack: 44186
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0

After a push the warning persists the bitbucket size. Do I have to wait on something? Or push it to a new Repo?

Thanks for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Jonas! That operation can sometimes take a bit longer to take effect on the server. I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I couldn't find any repo bigger than 1GB, can you let me know which repo are you referring to? Or is it in a different account?

Let us know!

Ana

Hi @Ana Retamal Ortiz could you please check that repo. This warning is still there and kind of makes me nervous. thx.

Hi Jonas! After running the git gc on the remote, the size decreased to 43MB. Sorry for the delay! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Ana

Thanks a million.

You're welcome Jonas, have a nice day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,162 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you