Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repositories disappeared after being prompted to create a username

Greystone January 13, 2022

All our repositories have disappeared! We used to login to our account using our email address as the username for several years. But when we tried to login today, we were prompted to create a 'username', which we did. Then, post login, we can't see any of them. All repositories are gone. How can we locate the repositories that have disappeared??

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Greystone,

Based on the problem description, it sounds like you might have attempted to log in with an email that was an alias for a Bitbucket account, instead of the primary one. Users are prompted to create a new Bitbucket Cloud if there is no existing account with that email as the primary one.

We may be able to assist if you remember the workspace id of the workspace that owns these repos.
If you don't remember it but have a local clone of the repo, you can navigate to the directory of that clone and run the following command (if you don't have a clone, you can ask another member of your team who might have a clone of the repo)

git remote -v

The output of this command will show the workspace that the repo belongs to. It should be either

git@bitbucket.org:WORKSPACE-ID/REPO-NAME.git

OR

https://USERNAME@bitbucket.org/WORKSPACE-ID/REPO-NAME.git

Please let me know if you have this info, and I can then create a support ticket for you so you can share this info privately (the ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff).

If the workspace is on a paid billing plan, you can also create a ticket yourself via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Greystone January 18, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Yes we do have the workspace id. Please create the support ticket so that we can provide that information privately.

Thanks a lot!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Greystone,

Thank you for your reply.

I went ahead and created a ticket with Bitbucket Cloud support team, using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

I would like to ask if you could please leave a reply to the ticket and mention:

•  the workspace-id of the workspace where the repositories belong
  • the username of your old Bitbucket account, if you remember it (if you have an HTTPS clone of a repo, your username may be in the remote URL, if you run 
    git remote -v

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Alex Tor April 22, 2022

Hello,

I had the same problem, contacted support as stated in the reply, and problem was solved by the Atlassian team.

Thanks!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2022

Hi Alex,

That's good to hear! I spoke on Friday with the engineer handling your support ticket, and since personal information needed to be shared, we worked on the support ticket.

If you have any issues/questions, you can create a new post in community. Atlassian staff checks in regularly, and we can create tickets on behalf of customers if personal information needs to be shared.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Greystone 

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you are the admin for the workspace

Navigate to the repository link as below shown

https://bitbucket.org/<workspace-name>/<repo-name>/admin

You should be able to see the repo and add 

Or else raise the support ticket with Atlassian, they will help you!!

Thanks,

Pramodh

Greystone January 18, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M 

Navigating directly to the repo didn't work. We are working with Atlassian support to have this issue resolved. Thanks.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Greystone 

The workspace name should be new username you entered and admin succeeding the url.

Anyways I hope you get the repos back with all data 😃

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events