Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repositories Missing

Robert Robert July 27, 2022

I seem to have lost all my private repositores and it seems that I got a new workspace username?

Could someone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

You will need to talk to your administrators - if you have a new user name and have lost access to the old account, you will need them to make your repositories available to the new account.

Robert Robert July 29, 2022

Hey Nic,

Thanks for the reply!

These repositories were hosted on the publically available bitbucket.org instance not an internal company instance :(

Do you know if there is an atlassian contact I can reach out to?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2022

It's the same answer - you need to talk to the administrators of your bitbucket system.

Robert Robert July 30, 2022

Given that it's the publically hosted instance of bitbucket.org who else would be the administrator?

I was the previous owner of the account and it held all my own private repositories.

This wasn't a bitbucket account that was "owned" by a company or another entity.

Either way, I found a place to submit a support ticket, we'll see what they say.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2022

I can't tell you who your administrators are.

I think you might be missing a couple of points here.

It doesn't matter whether Bitbucket is private or public, there are many instances of it with differing accessibility, set within each install.   The owners of each site (the admins) get to say who has access.  Atlassian are, of course, the super-users for Cloud sites, but they only grant access to the owner (administrators) of the site, the people who are paying for the service. 

You have two accounts, and a set of Bitbucket repositories/projects in one Bitbucket site.  

Your repositories have not gone anywhere, but you are just trying to use your new account to get into them, and your new account does not yet have access.  Your old account still does.

Your choices are

• Get the admins to add your new account so it can access the old repositories
  • Use your old account to get to them

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events