Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo size not reduced.

Sang woo Ham January 31, 2022

Hi, my private repo {repository name removed due to privacy reasons} (is fork of another repository and I have both write access) shows 2.9GB size.

I delete all commit history, files, git gc, but still I don't see any change in repo size though the local repository size .5 GB.

Is there anybody knows what cause this.?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2022

Hi, @Sang woo Ham, welcome to the community! 

I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce its size. Just to give you some context around the reason your remote repository size didn’t change after you removed commit history and files, it happened because the remote repo still had these old references, so the GC is required on the remote repository as well to clean up any old references you have removed. 

We have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events