Repo on BitBucket over 4 GB, has cleaned local large files, how can I push to remote?

yuanqimami May 30, 2022

Hi,

One of my repo at BitBucket is over the 4GB. I have undo the last push, and delete large files by git filter-branch. But when I pushed local changes back to the Bitbucket repository, it still says size limit.

Could you help to tell me how can I push to remote? Not sure if temporarily increasing the repository size or running the GC against this repo is needed.

Btw, the last 3 letters of the name of the workspace and repository are "ile" and "app".

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi @yuanqimami and welcome to the community!

Undoing the last push will trigger a garbage collection under the following conditions:
1. the repo is over the 4 GB limit
2. Delete dangling commits when over size limit is enabled in https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/features/ for the user that does the push
3. you undo the last push and then push only that and no other changes (like commit deletions, changes with git gilter-branch, BFG, etc)

If your repo was over the 4 GB limit and the Labs feature was enabled, I believe the push must have failed because you were trying to push additional changes other than undoing the last push.

I ran a git gc for your repo and its size is 1.1 GB now.

Does this agree with the size of your local repo?

In case you have reduced the repo's size further by removing large files from its history, you can push your changes and please let me know so I can run another git gc for your repo.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events